Saturday, December 19, 2020

La Grange, IL


These 20 cards were sent by John of La Grange, Illinois.  Included along with the 20 standard cards was a custom "Johns" Wallach card.  Here's a better look at the front and back of the custom card:


I like the design a lot.  I have no idea what the characters say, but I'm okay with that.  I also recogonize the photo.  It's from Baseball Magazine Vol. 15 No. 3 from June of 1983, here's a link to the post on my copy of that magazine, and shot of the photo inside of it: 


It's not a photo I would have thought would make for a good baseball card, but clearly I was wrong, as it works extremely well on this "Johns" card.  I've received a few custom cards over the years and they've all been great, at some point I plan on doing a post with all of them.

Thanks for the cards John.  

Updated Totals:






No comments:

Post a Comment