Friday, June 17, 2016

1993 Cardtoons #89


Card Review: 3.8
I've had a long internal debate as to whether or not to count this as a Wallach card.  Ultimately, I've decided it counts.  As a card, it leaves a little to be desired.  The front is fine.  For what it is, it works, I guess.  This is the only card from this set that I've seen, so it may be unfair to judge the entire set, but the back leaves a lot to be desired.  It's just a stupid parody that has nothing to do with the player.  They should have made an effort to tie the back into the player on the card.  Even if it was stupid, and had no correlation to the actual player.  Give me a brief write-up on how the wallet effects or helps fielding.  It wouldn't make the card much better, but it'd at least be an improvement.  And there's plenty of room for improvement with this card.

And tempting as it may be, this will not replace my "wallet card," which has been an '82 Topps that I've carried around for the last 15 years or so.  I'm locked in at this point, as the card is now on about it's fourth wallet.

Number of this card in my collection: 2
2017 update: 3
2018 update: n/a
2019 update: n/a
2020 update: 5
2021 update: 6
2022 update: 7




No comments:

Post a Comment