Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Kitchener, Ontario (Canada)


Douglas sent these four cards from Kitchener, Ontario.  It's not the first time he's sent cards and they're always appreciated.  There's something sort of cool about receiving Leaf or O-Pee-Chee cards from Canada, like it makes them more "authentic" or something.  Douglas (I believe) runs the blog "Sportscards from the Dollar Store," which has to be one of the oldest card blogs around.

Included in this assortment of cards was one of those Topps Archives Signature Series autographed cards in the silly case sealed with a fancy sticker.  I'm going to be honest, I really have no idea how to classify the card and haven't looked into it yet.  At some point I'll do a post for it, and will make the effort to do so then.  That's not to say it wasn't really cool to find it in the envelope.  I've never bought one (they're readily available on eBay), but it's still cool to own one.  My inclination is to crack the case and put it in the binder where I keep one of each different Wallach card I own.  On the other hand, the only thing that makes the card even remotely interesting to me is the silly case.  Which is all to say, I don't know what I'm going to do with it.  At the end of the day, its a Topps Tim Wallach card that was printed in 1993, and then goosed up with some stamping and an autograph 25 years later and repackaged in an attempt to rip off collector's.  Still, I'm happy to have a sample in my collection.

Thanks for the cards Douglas.

Updated Totals:

1988 Leaf: 39
1989 Upper Deck: 216
1990 Upper Deck 345
2020/1993 Topps Thing: 1



My Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment