Monday, March 23, 2020

Houston, TX


These eight cards were sent by Marc, by way of Houston, Texas.  Most of you are probably familiar with Marc's card blog "Remember the Astro Dome."  Thanks for the cards Marc, and sorry for the delay in posting them.

Speaking of delays in posting, I mentioned in my last post that I have huge backlog of post to get to, and I suspect I'll have some free time to do so.  I'm not going to make the effort of trying to post the oldest mailings first, I'm just going to start throwing them up in whatever order I grab them from my "to do" box.

New Mexico is still relatively "normal."  At least compared to the science fiction looking scenes I see on the news in New York.  I'm still at work, and absent a suspension of Habeas Corpus, imagine I will continue to be at work in some capacity throughout whatever happens.  And if they do toss Habeas Corpus aside, we'll have more pressing concerns than baseball cards.  But it's looking like there's going to be a lot of telephonic appearances in my near future, and continuances of all domestic and civil matters, which means more free time to blog.


Updated Totals:

1987 Topps: 964
1989 Donurss: 429
1989 Score: 202
1989 Upper Deck x2: 214
1990 Score x2: 323
1992 Pinnacle: 122



http://marcbrubaker.com/category/collecting/remember-the-astrodome/

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that life is still somewhat normal there. I expect we'll all be dealing with it eventually. Here in Houston we're not on lockdown, but bars are all shut down, restaurants are all to-go, and we're expected to only really head out if it's necessary – though many are just ignoring that. At the state level, they've suspended all elective surgery and made orders to increase hospital capacity and staff. We're working remote - well, one of us is, and the other is job hunting now.

    Best of luck out there, and do stay safe.

    ReplyDelete