Friday, May 3, 2013

1994 Fleer Extra Bases #297


Card Review: 3.3  A small part of me really likes the novelty of over-sized cards.  But a much larger part of me is very much annoyed by the dilemma they create in how to store them.  As a young kid I loved them, and that's demographic I'm sure Fleer was going for, so I'm not really trying to complain.  In fairness to over-sized cards, the '86 Donruss All-Star is one of my all-time favorite Wallachs.  Size aside, this is just sort of a dull and boring card.  The front picture quality is well above average, but everything else is pretty boilerplate.

*Unrelated side note.  After fighting with my spell check, and subsequently looking it up, I realized I've been spelling "dilemna" wrong my entire life.  Even after looking it up, I'm not convinced I wasn't taught to spell it with an "n" and am pretty sure I see it in print with the "n" the vast majority of the time.  The "mm" spelling looks bizarre to me.

Number of this card in my collection: 2
2014 update: n/a
2015 update: n/a
2016 update: n/a
2017 update: 3
2018 update: n/a
2019 update: n/a
2020 update: n/a
2021 update: n/a
2022 update: 4


No comments:

Post a Comment