Monday, March 25, 2013

1994 Topps Spanish #143


Card Review: 7.1  Topps missed a fantastic opportunity with this card.  It's a Spanish language version of the '94 Topps base set.  For decades Topps put out French language set of the same design in Canada and called it O-Pee-Chee.  O-Pee-Chee is  cool to say, and looks funny on the cards in place of Topps.  Why didn't we get a Spanish name in place of Topps?  Here are some of the options they missed out on, any of which would have looked awesome.  As a disclaimer, I'm not fluent in Spanish, I can order a beer, and tell a cab driver where to take me, but that's about it.  So if some of these translations don't work, or worse yet are offensive, I apologize.

Spanish alternatives for "Topps"

"Alto"

"Toda"

"Mejor"

"Primero"

Any of those in the "Topps" font on the front and back of this card would have looked pretty cool.  It's too bad they opted not to do it.

Number of this card in my collection: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment