Thursday, June 23, 2011

1985 Topps Tiffany #473
















Card Review: 9.9  The '85 Topps design is one of my all-time favorites.  I gave the base set card a 10 when I listed that one.  The Tiffany's great too, the back really pops, but it smells neither like wax nor gum.  So I dinged it down to a 9.9.  The color on the front of this card looks a little off to me, but it's my only one, so I don't know if it's just a bad example, or if they're all like this.

Allegedly this set is "very scarce."  As such, sellers often demand a premium for it.  I don't buy it.  I don't find it any more difficult to locate cards from this set, than it is to locate cards from other Tiffany sets.  The reason I don't have a lot has a lot more to do with the excessive price sellers ask for it, than it does an inability to locate copies.

*Update* It is believed that there were 5,000 factory sets produced of this product

Number of this card in my collection: 1 and am always looking for more.

6/5/12 Update: 2 (the color on the front is a little bit better but still has that weird tinge to it.
2013 update: n/a
2014 update: n/a
2015 update: n/a
2016 update: n/a
2017 update: 9
2018 update: 11 
2019 update: n/a
2020 update: 12
2021 update: 13
2022 update: n/a
2023 update: 14


*Update*
Picked up some more of these, most all with the yellow/orange color, but one was a clean white.



No comments:

Post a Comment