Saturday, December 16, 2023

McKinney, TX


 This large box was sent by fellow Wallach super fan and regular contributor Nick in McKinney, Texas.  Nick has been sending cards to me for a decade now, and the numbers are well into the thousands.  This box alone had 425 cards inside it.  And while this blog exists to document baseball cards, that's not to say I'm not interested in non-card Wallach collectibles as well.  As you can see in the photo above, this box also included a Tim Wallach bobble head, and an autographed Expos Pennant.  It's the first time I've been sent a bobble head or pennant.  Needless to say, it's a very generous offering.  



While the Pennant and Bobblehead are certainly nice to receive, ultimately this blog is about the cards, and there were a lot of them in this box, including a few I haven't seen for awhile.  Included was an 1983 Stuart, the first I've added since 2018, a 1984 Topps Sticker (first since 2019) and what is only my 3rd copy of a 1995 Upper Deck Electric Diamond Gold.  Also included were a pair of 1991 Panini Stickers.  I don't view them as "rare," probably due to the fact that I had a good number of them back in 1991, back when more than 3 or 4 copies was deemed "a lot."  But since I did the initial post for that card back in 2012, this is only the 2nd time I've added new ones.  Which makes them one of the less frequently seen cards.

 Speaking of scene cards, heres a better look at all the cards sent, with the updated totals below.


Thank for the cards Nick!






Updated Totals:



No comments:

Post a Comment