Wednesday, October 17, 2012

1991 Score Super Stars #58




















Card Review: 1.9  For reasons I can't rationally explain, I've always despised this card design.  On it's face, there's nothing horrible about it.  It's not wild, or overly crazy in any way.  It's about as basic as you can get.  But it just misses.  I think a few tiny changes would have made all the difference.  For one, get rid of the green.  If the Expos logo on the front were outlined in yellow, it would completely change the tone of this card.  I'd also have done the names differently.  Keep with the red/blue theme, maybe by bringing the blue box up higher and doing the letters in red or white.

As to what this set is/was, I don't really know.  I have no idea how these cards were sold.  I'm guessing as some sort of boxed set.  I don't remember ever seeing one until years later when eBay became a thing and I saw this Wallach for the first time.  It has the look of something that you would have seen in a clear plastic casing, hanging on a rack in a store, similar to the Classic sets.  But that's just a guess.

Number of this card in my collection: 6
2014 update: 7 
2015 update: 9
2016 update: n/a
2017 update: 11
2018 update: 14
2019 update: 20
2020 update: n/a
2021 update: n/a
2022 update: 25
2023 update: 27
2024 update: 28




No comments:

Post a Comment