Saturday, June 1, 2019

Victoria, MN


These four cards were sent by Dan of Victoria, Minnesota.  The '83 Donruss is, without question, my favorite Wallach Donruss card.  There are a couple of factors that go into that decision.  For one, I don't think any of the Donruss designs have aged very well, with '83 being one of the lone exceptions.  But even in the 80's and early 90's, '83 was still my favorite.  On an almost annual basis, Donruss had the worst photo selection for Wallach amongst the major companies.  This somewhat bland '83 photo ranks at the top of the list.  Unfortunately, the Wallach photo selection was especially awful for a few of the Donruss designs that I think have held up somewhat well, specifically '87 and '91.  I actually think the 1991 Donruss set is a fantastic set, especially the green series two cards.  But the Wallach photo they used is on the short list for worst Wallach photo ever put on a card.  In any event, I still like the '83. 

You may also notice the color levels on the '88 All-Star are pretty rich.  That's not my camera or the lighting.  It's the card.  Little things like that are what excite me these days, especially when you're dealing with 700+ copies of the same card.

Thanks for sending these Dan, I'll see what I can do as far as the 87's you asked about.

Updated Totals:

1983 Donruss: 133
1988 Topps All-Star: 712
1989 Fleer: 396
1992 Topps: 214


No comments:

Post a Comment