Friday, November 15, 2013

1991 Score #210/125 "Wrong-Back"


Card Review: N/A  I'm not counting this as a card.  It's getting the catch-all "odd-ball" abbreviation.  It's a "wrong-back" error with Jay Buhner on the back instead of the Wallach card back.  In the 1980's and early 90's these would show up on a somewhat regular basis.  I never pulled one from a pack myself, but I know I saw them in card shops and probably knew a kid or two that had one.  They used to sell for really obscene prices.  They were sort of a forerunner to today's limited print run inserts.  I don't really see the appeal myself.  I'm sure there are some neat combinations out there.  A Pete Rose/Ray Fosse card or Mitch Williams/Joe Carter one would be kind of neat.  But for the most part, I just see them as random printing errors.  Not that I mind finally having a Wallach example in my collection.

1 comment: