Saturday, February 2, 2013

Autographed Cards

























Both of these cards were given to me by friends.  One about 25 years ago as a kid, the OPC a couple of months ago by a friend.  I've said before, and I'm saying it again, I'll take any Wallach you have, regardless of shape/condition.  Even if it has rips, tears, or writing on it.  And to me, that's really all these cards are.  Two cards with writing on them.  I count them towards their respective totals, but they're far from prized.

It's not that I'm against autographs.  Far from it.  It's just that autographs that I didn't get in person, do very little for me.  They're like tokens of somebody else's memory.  There are some exceptions.  For instance, my most prized autograph is a Tim Wallach card I got via SASE as a kid.  Also every year, my old man gets me a birthday gift from Steiner Collectibles using credit card reward points.  This year he got me an 8x10 autographed Derek Jeter photo.  I love it.  But more as a nice piece to frame and hang on the wall.

In any event, I felt these cards deserved their own post as items in the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment