Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Kansas City, MO


Larry of Kansas City sent this package recently.  One of these cards is not like the others.  No I'm not talking about the '84 Topps Expos team card being the Tiffany version.  I'm talking about the 1952 Topps Roy Campanella.  I've mentioned from time to time that I also run a 1952 Topps blog as a "side project."  Typically people who read this Wallach blog from time to time, make there way over there and every once in awhile leave a comment or check out a post.  Larry took the opposite route.  He discovered the '52 blog and reached out to me with an incredible offer.  He wanted me to have a well worn '52 Campanella that he owned, and all he wanted in return was, well, nothing more than for me to enjoy it.  (I have since guilted Larry into sending me a '73 Topps need list, but it's still a very one-sided deal).  When the Campanella showed up in my mailbox, Larry had also included these Wallach cards, so this post ended up here first.  The Campanella will show up again on the '52 blog in the near future.

So thank you very much for the cards Larry.  I assure you that they will be enjoyed and very much appreciated.  In fact, now that you've broken the ice on the '52 High Numbers for me, I may just need to go ahead and try to track down some more of them.

Updated Totals: 

1986 Sportflics: 15
1987 Donruss: 411
1987 Sportflics: 47
1987 Sportflics Tri-Stars: 10
1990 Topps: 450

1 comment: