Thursday, July 13, 2017

1991 Panini French Stickers #141


Card Review: 8.5  It's a rare occasion that I discover a "new" Tim Wallach card from this era, especially one from a somewhat prominent manufacturer such as Panini.  I did a double take when this card (or sticker) showed up on my eBay feed.  I already had the 1991 Panini, and it's Canadian counterpart.  Additionally, I had double checked, and cross checked, and compared all of the online data bases and checklist multiple times over the years making sure I had everything, or was at least aware of what I didn't have.  Trust me, I've been very thorough.  (It is now showing up on Beckett)

So I went back and double checked my "Most Wanted List," and it all came back to me.  At one point I did have this card listed on my list.  And I remembered that I had been informed by multiple sources that the "French" version was the same was the U.S. version, the "Top 15" was the only unique foreign variation.  Well, those sources proved wrong.  I forgive them, and am happy to add one more unique Wallach to my collection.  It is a bit surprising that in now nearly two decades of eBay use that I never saw this card, but I guess stranger things have happened.

This is the same photo as the U.S. version, but with much tighter cropping.  It's also significantly larger.  Of the three 1991 Panini efforts, this one is my favorite.  This would have made for a nice 1991 Topps or Fleer card.  As it is, it's one of the better Wallach stickers to be found.

          
             ('91 Panini, not to scale)

Number of this card in my collection: 1
2018 update: n/a
2019 update: n/a
2020 update: n/a
2021 update: n/a
2022 update: n/a
2023 update: 2




No comments:

Post a Comment