Monday, March 9, 2015

1989 Donruss Baseball's Best - Blue Test Proof


Review: Incomplete  This (allegedly) is a "blue test proof" from the 1989 Donruss Baseball's Best set.  It's printed on extremely thin paper.  I assume there was a whole sheet of these and someone took the time to cut them all out and list them on ebay.  But it's cut so well, that I wouldn't be shocked if Donruss actually did the cutting.  Of course the third option, given the low quality of the printer and paper, is that I've been dupped and some dude just printed these out in his basement and is calling them "test proofs."

In researching the 1984 Topps "encased" variants, I've discovered that there are a good number of people who get very worked up over the distinction between a "test" card and a "proof" card.  So I don't know what to make of this this "Test Proof."  I will say this, if your on the fence about buying one for your team or player collection, don't over pay.  I cannot begin to describe how under whelming this thing is in person.  For reference, I paid 99¢ plus shipping, and wouldn't do it again.  I'm just glad I never bit on it for the two plus years it kept being listed on ebay at $9.99.

Number of this "card" in my collection: 1


No comments:

Post a Comment