Friday, May 16, 2014

Peoria. IL "The Saints Prison Ministry"


This all fell out of a large manila envelop sent from Peoria, Illinois.  38 cards, including one auto (which I just count towards the 91 UD total), and a donation request.  That's a first.  Included with the cards was a full color pamphlet describing "The Saints Prison Ministries."  These guys are some hardcore softball dudes who go so far as to wear pants instead of shorts and play against teams of inmates in prison, then talk about religion afterwards.  Also included was a SASE and donation card.  I don't mind.  If people sending Wallach's want to shame me into a donation for their cause, I can live with that, though it'll closely correspond to the number of Wallach's sent.  In fact I can more than live with it and encourage others to do so.  Thanks for cards Tom, and good luck with your cause.  And while I feel like wearing pants to play a young girls sport like softball is a little over the top, at least they aren't those goofy zumba styled ones.  I'll fill your card and send something your way.

So to others out there, feel free to solicit your cause if your sending cards.  What I don't care for, is what a guy did about a year ago.  He sent 3 or 4 cards then told me what it costs him, and he spent way too much on postage (I knew he wasn't lying, I saw the stamp).  Then he had a poor me note, "hey, this cost me 'x' you can reimburse me at this pay pal address, if you want, but I just lost my job and my kid needs braces."  Ok, he didn't say that last part, you get the idea.  Don't do that.  Ask first.  Unless your sending a one of one 2005 gold rookie cup gold refractor rookie reprint.




Updated Totals:

1986 Topps x2: 147
1987 Topps x2: 530
1988 Topps x12: 433
1988 Topps AS x12: 369
1988 Topps SuperStar: 10
1989 Topps x2: 359
1991 Donruss MVP x2: 96
1991 Upper Deck: 135
1992 Donruss: 98
1992 Topps: 108
1993 Donruss: 52
1993 Topps: 76


No comments:

Post a Comment