Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Recent Purchases


Beckett used to be a price guide.  I think they still publish a magazine, but can't be positive.  If they do, it's nothing like it used to be in the late 1980's when I would religiously carry around a beaten, marked-up and dogeared copy for months at a time until I could finally convince my parents to splurge for a new one.  Now Beckett is a website, and they sell cards.  Or at least, they allow others to sell cards.  I find it to be a slightly inferior version of Sportlots and COMC.  Which isn't to say I won't use it, as the cards above are evidence that I do from time to time.

I'm a sucker for those colorful 2005 Topps Rookie Cup cards (even if I can't figure out how to scan the orange ones to make them look like the neon orange they appear as in person).  I picked up the above for reasonable prices, and as I do, I relieved the sellers of their other oddball Wallach's as well.  I also finally picked up a "Blue" one (not pictured), which was near the top of my need list and will be getting it's own post shortly.

Updated Totals:

1983 Stuart x2: 8
1988 Topps Tiffany x4: 18
1988 Topps AS Tiffany x4: 14
1989 Topps Tiffany x3: 8
1991 Jumbo Seeds x2: 7
1993 LAPD DARE x2: 3
1993 Mother's Cookies: 2
2005 Rookie Cup Red x3: 12
2005 Rookie Cup Orange x5: 11
2005 Rookie Cup Yellow x2: 8
2005 Rookie Cup Green x2: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment