Friday, August 2, 2013

Cards in the Mail


These are the first cards sent from North Carolina.  Thank you very much for the cards Russ, NC is now represented on the map of where cards have been sent from.

I don't know if this was a mistake or not, but Russ also sent three copies of the '88 Topps Expos Leaders card.  Back in '88, other kids used to give me that card all the time, believing that Wallach was pictured on the front.  And why not, you can clearly see the "2" on the sleeve which could be indicating the number 20-something.  And Wallach's name is all over the back.  But that's not Tim Wallach.  Thats Vance Law.  Every year I would look forward to seeing who was on the Topps Expos Leader Card, and every year I was disappointed.  Wallach never appeared on one, though he usually dominated the back of it.





















Here are the updated totals for the cards Russ Sent:

1986 Topps AS: 263
1988 Topps x4: 189
1988 Topps AS x2: 151
1989 Donruss: 152
1989 Fleer: 134
1989 K-Mart: 9
1991 Donruss x2: 68
1991 Donruss MVP x2: 61
1993 Donruss: 40

4 comments:

  1. Early Vance Law looks like Ron Kittle. It's the glasses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really like to hear that the Topps photographer asked for Raines and Wallach, and they sent over Hubie Brooks and Vance Law to see if he would even notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wouldn't shock me at all. Look at those faces - they're up to no good....

      Delete
  3. Yep, it was a mistake. I must have looked through about 5000 cards over the course of an evening with my son. I saw Expos, and Tim Wallach on the back and didn't give it a second thought. Perhaps there's a Vance Law collector you can now trade with!

    ReplyDelete