Saturday, April 13, 2013

Online Purchase


I recently bought these four cards on the site Check Out My Cards.  I've said in the past that I'm not a huge fan of that site, and I'm still not.  I've also made my disdain for the 2012 Leaf Memories set pretty clear.  So I can understand how buying a 2012 Leaf card off of the site COMC could appear to be a blatant act of hypocrisy.  Fair enough.  I wouldn't argue that assertion is wrong, but I will offer the following reasons/excuses:

(1) As you can see that Leaf Memories card is #'d 20 of 20.  I think that's sort of cool, even if the card itself isn't.  Of individually numbered Wallach's it's the first one I've picked up that's the last number.  Having one #'d "1 of x" would be neater, or even "#29 of x," but having the last one isn't bad either.

(2) The other three cards were, at least I thought, cards I didn't have.  Two of them were.  One I already had.  I thought I was picking up a 1990 Fleer Canadian, which in fact I was.  What I didn't realize was I already had two of them.  I just thought they were "Fleer Glossy."  After some snooping around, I'm comfortable saying that they are in fact the same thing, and are more commonly called "Fleer Canadian," and I've amended my original post on the card to reflect that.

If you feel strongly that I'm wrong, and that there is in fact a 1990 Fleer Glossy set as well as a base set and Canadian set, please let me know in the comments.  I'm not trying to start a fight.  I just want to get it right, and then get every single Wallach ever printed for the 2 or 3 sets as the case may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment