Monday, August 3, 2026

2025 Topps Shoebox Treasures #15 "Paint Splatter Autograph" #/15



 Card Review: 9.0

This is the 15th variation of this card that I've posted, and I have another variation in hand that I haven't posted yet.  There is alos at least one more variation on ebay that I don't have (or plan on having given it's price tag and it being numbered to "1").  This "paint splatter" is pretty much the same as most the other autos, which is to say, it's fine.  It's a take on the 1988 Topps All-Star card which is hard to mess up.

Yet, I feel as though this card is a missed opportunity and as such is a bit of a disappointment.  From the name, "Paint Splatter," I was expecting somthing else.  I thought maybe the image on the front would be a  more blurry, muddled, "splattered," take on the original.  But it's the same image on the front as every other one of these.  The "paint splatter" is confined to the back.  Also, given only 15 of these were printed for each card (technically 30, with 15 getting the auto sticker), how long could have taken to hit these with actual water color paint instead of just the printed design of a "splatter" on the back?

In any event, don't count on seeing any of the other 14 of this card being posted here anytime soon.  Then again, this stuff is hard to predict.

Number of this card in my collection: 1



1 comment:

  1. Having a paint splatter parallel where they actually take real water color and splatter it across the back would be pretty awesome. But then they'd have to be 1/1, because each pain splatter is different.

    ReplyDelete