Monday, May 27, 2024

1982 Topps Lot



That's 463 copies of the 1982 Topps Tim Wallach card spread out above.  I came upon them after a friend on twitter altered me to their being posted for a sale in a facebook collector's group that they're in. The asking price was more than reasonable, so I asked him to put me in touch with the seller, and now here they are.

For the most part they were all in great shape.  When I get lots this large I don't scour for "Gem Mint Tens" (that means "near mint" to collector's over the age of 40 who haven't learned the new figure skating grading scale younger collector's favor).  I look for off-centered cards, and cards with out of whack ink levels.  To me, those are the unique and exciting ones.  The color on all of these was more or less the same, but there were a few nice mis-cut ones that I posted pictures of below.



This lot of 463 makes the 1982 Topps Wallach the most abundant in my collection by a margin of several 100.  At last count 1984 Topps, 1987 Topps and 1988 Donruss were it's nearest competitors, and it was pretty close.  It isn't that close at the moment.

Updated Total:



Also mixed in for good measure, was one stray Andre Thorton.







2 comments:

  1. Now I need to know the story on how the Andre Thornton got in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow... 463 copies of any single card is super impressive. But the fact that you now have 1,743 copies is mind blowing.

    ReplyDelete