Wednesday, April 27, 2022

1983 Fleer Lot

 

That's what 830 copies of the same 1983 Fleer card looks like when laid out on a table.  It's the most copies of a single Wallach card that I've ever acquired at once.  They were purchased on Ebay along with over 700 copies of Wallach's 1984 Topps card.  At less than 4 cents a card shipped, I'm hoping the seller as some more large lots lying around.

I have to tip my hat to Fleer.  In sorting through these over 800 copies of the card none stood out as any sort of manufacturing error.  None of the cards had any huge issues with ink levels or centering or anything else to make them stand out.  Just what I would consider ordinary variances from card to card.

The seller did let a few mistakes slip through the cracks, no doubt being fooled by that Expos logo in the lower left corner of the card.  These six cards were mixed in the lot.  I actually didn't have any copies of the Raines, so that was sort of a nice surprise.


Updated Total:

1983 Fleer: 1,054





3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of one card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to do with the knowledge that there's someone out there that has that many of a single Tim Wallach card and it's not you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to sit down with the dealer and ask him/her the process of accumulating so many copies of these two cards. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete