Thursday, January 20, 2022

Chad Wallach 2021 Topps #593


Card Review: Very Cool

Since the advent of this blog, I've refrained from giving the cards (up until recently, entirely minor league cards) of the Wallach kids number grades the way I do Tim Wallach cards.  I also don't keep track of how many copies I have.  That said, I'm always excited when a new card of one of the three "kids" crosses my desk.  This is the second year in a row that Topps has included Chad in the base set.  It should be at least the fourth, a fact I think Topps tacitly admitted last year when rather than showing the stats of Chad's previous three seasons on the back of the card, they showed his minor league stats.  This year collector's are finally allowed to see all Chad's major league stats on the back of the card, and give him a nice little write up.  Still no mention of the fact that is father was a 5x All-Star over 17 MLB seasons, but going with Chad's post-season success is a more meritocratic write up.

Hopefully Chad does well enough this Spring with the Angels down at Tempe Diablo Stadium to earn a spot on the roster and a spot in the 2022 Topps set.  Despite being shorted a couple of cards in the 2018 and 2019 sets, Topps has given Chad a nice tandem of cards to show for his MLB time.




No comments:

Post a Comment