Saturday, April 24, 2021

Card Barrel Pickup


One of the first websites I discovered as a source of buying Wallach cards in bulk was a page called "Just Commons."  For a few years it was probably my best source of Wallach's.  I also used for filling out my modern Topps set builds as it often charged well under the 18¢ minimum price on Sportlots.  "Just Commons" is just one seller though, and there are only so many times you can go to the same well before it runs dry, and eventually I cleaned out the Wallach inventory.  

The site has since changed it's name to "Card Barrel," and I still use it about once a year to see what kind of restock has occurred.  This haul of 71 Wallach's is my most recent pick up from the site.  Above you can see a nice haul of early 80's Topps, Fleer, and Donruss.


There was also a nice batch of some of my favorite later Wallach cards including five K-Mart Dream Teams, and a few '91 and '92 Fleer.  The five Silver '95 Collector's Choice SE are probably the most copies of that card I've ever picked up at once.



The highlights of the bunch were these O-Pee-Chee.  I don't care how many copies of OPC Wallach's I acquire, they will always seem exotic to me.  The Topps Tiffany as well to a lesser degree.  Leaf, well, Leaf is cool but for whatever reason just isn't as cool to me.  I imagine it's due to my local card shop having packs of '86 Leaf in 1986, and bought a ton of it.  To this day I've never seen a pack of OPC in the wild.


Updated Totals:





No comments:

Post a Comment