Friday, November 2, 2018

Lake Barrington, IL


These eleven cards were sent by frequent contributor, John, of Lake Barrington, IL.  He sent them in August.  My bad.  You may notice the photo is different than my standard photo for these post.  The reason for that is my scanner died on me.  I had every intent of buying a new one when it did.  I was just busy, and as I became less busy, it occurred to me that I hadn't needed a scanner for a single thing other than my card blogs.  This thought made the idea of shelling out money that could be spent on other things (like cards) for a scanner seem less than enticing.  So I put it off, and I put it off, and here we are in November, and I'm posting cards I was sent back in August, and doing so without a scanner.  At some point, I'll decide I need a scanner at home, but for now, the photos of cards are going to look like this.  I actually kind of like it.  Also, I have a massive backlog of cards I've been sent that I need to get to.  So thank you everyone for the cards and your patience.  They're both appreciated.

And thank you John for these cards.  John mentioned in a note that he is a fan of the '88 Donruss All-Star, in no small part due to the old NL Logo on the card.  I am a hard line supporter of the old AL/NL logos and feel the consolidation of the umpire uniforms across MLB is a greater crime against the game than this interleague play and wild card nonsense that as been polluting our sport for more than two decades now.

Also, as much as I like the '88 Donruss All-Star Wallach, I feel like had the '86 Donruss All-Star Wallach been standard sized, it would be one of my Top 5 all-time favorite cards.  But instead, that set is an oversized mess.

Here are the updated totals:

1984 Topps: 308
1988 Donruss x4: 752
1988 Donruss All-Star: 46
1989 Fleer: 341
1992 Fleer x2: 116
1992 Pinnacle: 101
1993 Topps: 190






No comments:

Post a Comment