Friday, September 7, 2018

Ramsey, NJ



These cards were sent by regular contributor Max, of Ramsey, NJ.  The 1985 Topps Wallach is on my extremely short list for my All-Time favorite Wallach card.  It is without question in the Top 5, almost certainly Top 3, and depending on my mood and the lighting, it wouldn't take much arm twisting for me to call it my favorite.  If I ever do a list, it'll probably come down to the '85 or '83 Topps, but I'm not ready to commit to anything yet.

Like so many sets from the 1980's, ink levels varied so much from card to card, that how I feel about a card can really change depending on the particular sample in front of me.  Sometimes it's like looking at two different photos.  The 1984 Donruss Wallach for instance, can look like it was taken during a cloudless sunny July afternoon in Wrigley, or an overcast, rain delayed game.  With the 1985 Topps Wallach, I prefer the more sun bleached variations.

Thanks for the cards Max!

Updated Totals:

1985 Topps x5: 295
1988 Revco: 40


1 comment: