Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Raleigh, NC


This envelope arrived from James in Raleigh, North Carolina.  Initially, I was a little surprised to receive a pack of cards.  It was kind of exciting to see in my mailbox, I love opening old wax as much as anyone, but I had never been sent just a pack without other cards.  But there's a first for everything.  I couldn't quite read the note James sent.  "Been cracking packs and (something) one for you."  "Marked?" "pulled," "left?"  I couldn't tell, but it didn't really matter.


Upon turning the back over I could see that the seal had already been broken, but more importantly, I immediately recognized the card showing as the iconic (perhaps iconic is too strong a description) back of the 1988 Topps Tim Wallach All-Star card, which features the 1987 NL Leaders for Game Winning RBI's, a stat Wallach finished in a four-way tie for first in.  I figured James had seen the Wallach and decided to send me the whole pack rather than just one card.  Which would have been awesome.  But when I went to pull the Wallach out of the pack, the mystery word in the note suddenly came into focus.  It said "made a pack for you."  The pack was stuffed with nothing but Wallach cards. 


I appreciate the effort James, it was a lot of fun to open this.

Updated Totals:

1988 Topps x5: 669
1988 Topps All-Star x6: 662


2 comments:

  1. Awesome. I thought this was one on those 'Wallach showing' packs and was wondering why you opened. Until I read you could tell it was resealed. Hell of a nice put together.

    ReplyDelete