Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Tempe, AZ


This card was sent by Peter of Tempe, Arizona.  I'm not sure if Peter moved or if I just didn't mark him very accurately on the map last time he sent cards, but he's a repeat sender, from the greater Phoenix area in any event.

I spend a good amount of time in Scottsdale and go to Spring Training every year, but I've also come to really enjoy going to Arizona State Sun Devils games at Phoenix Municipal.  Phoenix Municipal is the old Spring Training home of the Oakland A's, and was the home the Phoenix Firebirds (SF Giants AAA affiliate) prior to the creation of the Diamondbacks.  I wasn't a fan of The Sun Devils leaving historic Packard, but they've done a great job with the "new" digs and it's an excellent fan experience.  I'm hoping to go down for a game in their opening series in a few weeks against Miami Ohio.  Also of note, the light poles are the same poles from the old Polo Grounds in New York City.  The Giants moved them out west when they relocated and set up camp in Phoenix.  I bring this all up, because not only does Peter have a Tempe address, he's less than two miles from the Stadium.

Thanks for the card Peter.

Updated Total:

1988 Topps All-Star: 607

No comments:

Post a Comment