Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Lot of 1982 Fleer


Above is a lot of 180 1982 Fleer Wallach's I recently found on eBay.  1982 Fleer had previously been the rookie card I owned the fewest of.  That distinction now belongs to Donruss.  Here's what they look like free of the cases they came in:


Picking up a lot like this is a little bitter sweet.  I'll explain why.  I previously had 81 copies of this card.  This seller just sold me 160.  That means someone out there owned nearly twice as many copies of a Wallach card as I did.  At this point, that shouldn't be happening too often.  Granted, every time this happens (which isn't too often anymore), it becomes that much less likely to happen again. Still, it bugs me to think people out there own more copies of a particular card than I do.  It's probably most common with 1982 cards, given the trend of 100 card lots of RC's back then, but somehow this '82 Fleer has remained somewhat elusive.  Thankfully my current total of 241 isn't likely to be shown to be second to anyone in the near future (and if it is, I'll just buy them out too).

If your wondering, 160 cards is about 3 1/4 inches tall when stacked.






1 comment: