Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Kansas City, Missouri


These three cards were sent by Evan of Kansas City, Missouri.  When I was in high school and into college, I was on a big P.J. O'Rourke kick (among others), and had in my head that I was going to write a book of loosely tied together satirical essays.  The working title for the piece was "Kansas City is in Missouri, and other Stupid Observations."  It never came to be.  In large part due to the huge amount of time it was taking and because my taste humor kept changing.  Material that I thought was solid gold as an eighteen year old, had morphed into unreadable trash by the time I was twenty one.  Somewhere in a closet I have a box full of notebooks filled with random essays and exercises from four years of creative writing courses in college.  I need to go back and look at them at some point, though I can only imagine how well they've aged over the last 15 years or so.  Probably about as well as fresh produce.  But who knows, "Kansas City is in Missouri, and other Stupid Observations," may someday yet find it's onto your Kindle (just like I intended back in the late 1990's).

Thank you for the cards Evan.

Updated Totals:

1988 Donruss: 685
1992 Topps: 171
1993 Topps: 98

No comments:

Post a Comment