Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Ebay Acquisitions


I can be a huge hypcocrit at times, espcially when it comes to my collecting "rules."  Maybe hypocrit is a bit harsh, but I certainly contradict myself alot.  A good example of one such contradiction is seen above.  I hate inserts.  I literally have taken to throwing out a good number of inserts from packs of the Topps base set the last few years.  I have no use for two cards in every pack that don't help me complete the set.  Just go ahead and replace them with a stick of gum, and an entry card to win a trip to the All-Star game or to order a hat of my favorite team.

Yet, I can't get my hands on enough of these 2005 Rookie cup inserts.  Call me what you will, but I love these stupid things.  That one in the middle is orange (Go Orange!), I swear, no matter how red it looks in the scans.  The seller I bough these from had free shipping for multiple cards, so I bought his only other Wallach, a somewhat elusive 1989 Bowman Tiffany, as I hadn't picked up one of those since 2013.

Updated Totals:

1989 Bowman Tiffany: 6
2005 Topps Rookie Cup Orange: 13
2005 Topps Rookie Cup Green x2: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment