Thursday, October 2, 2014

Norton, MA


Mark sent these cards from Norton, MA.  It's not the first time he's sent cards.  The '88 Score is well worn and I love it.  I have an affinity for cards that show a lot of wear and look their age.  However it needs to be organic.  I'm not sitting around folding cards in half and dragging their corners across the floor.  That would be cheating.  When your dealing with 10, 20, or 500+ copies of the same card, anything that makes one stand out from the others is a welcomed event.  Off center cuts, weird hues in the printing ink, sun fading, etc, all good.  I can't think of anything more depressing than a stack of PSA 10's all encased in slabs and looking identical.  I'll take one, and another 1,000 or so slightly to completely different.

Thanks for cards Mark, yours, and everyone else who sends cards generosity does not go unnoticed and is very much appreciated.

Updated Totals:

1988 Score: 181
1992 Triple Play: 49

And if I could impose on all of you without strong rooting interest of your own, to be so kind as to pull for the Dodgers in the Postseason, that would be great.  I would very much like to see Mr. Wallach, and Mr. Mattingly win well deserved and long overdue World Series Rings this year.  Thanks a lot, and Let's Go Dodgers.



1 comment:

  1. These two vards came from a binder of cards that my father in law picked up at a yard sale. Every card was pretty well worn.

    ReplyDelete