Monday, May 5, 2014

1994 Collector's Choice #466 Gold Signature

Card Review: 7.5  Usually I like the gold variation of Collector's Choice cards best.  With this particular set though it's my least favorite of the three variations.  Unlike the regular base card, and the Silver Signature copy, this gold variation lacks the light brown pinstripes on the front.  I'm sure with a little effort they could have figured out a way to include them.  Their omission makes the card feel a little bland.

While this card is somewhat ordinary, it's acquisition is anything but.  This marks the last "regular" card I need on my "Most Wanted List" from Wallach's actual playing career.  There are some oddball items that are at best quasi cards and some modern serial numbered type stuff, but with the acquisition of this card, I feel the collection is more or less complete.  As far as unique cards go anyways.  I'm still a solid 8-12 million away from actually having them all. 

Number of this card in my collection: 1



No comments:

Post a Comment