Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Poughkeepsie, NY


These cards arrived from Poughkeepsie, New York.  Poughkeepsie was just across the Hudson River from where I went to undergrad, and more importantly the last stop on the Metro North Train Line that ran to the city. I crossed the Mid-Hudson Bridge with some frequency.  Besides the train, it was also the home of a couple of our rugby rivals, Vassar (not just a girls school anymore) and Marist (not really a rival as we usually blew them out).  I know there's been some realignment and Vassar is no longer D-1, but at the time we were all part of the Metro Union Conference.  Poughkeepsie is also the home of my all-time favorite music venue, "The Chance."  It's tiny little club that brought in some pretty big names, including Wilco, Sum 41, and Bad Brains.

Thank you for the cards Mr. Martin.  I always liked Juan Samuel, though I was more of a Von Hayes fan.  I'll see what I can dig up as far as Kevin Mitchell cards.

Updated Totals:

1987 Topps: 511
1988 Topps AS: 343
1991 Donruss MVP: 86
1992 Donruss: 91

No comments:

Post a Comment