Thursday, February 20, 2014

More mail


These cards and nice note arrived from Durham, North Carolina.  A region of the country I've become a little more familiar with this year due to the Syracuse's tragic departure from The Big East Conference, and into something called the ACC, which I understand used to be more than a mediocre four bid league back in the 60's and 70's.   I'm looking forward to Saturday when Syracuse travels to Durham to take on Duke and work out some frustrations of last nights loss to a fellow former Big East, quasi-ACC school Boston College.

I don't care what anyone says, Mike Krzyzewski didn't leave West Point for Duke because he had a problem with the institutional integrity of the school, that's insane.  He did it for the money.  Not everyone can turn down the cash to stay at one school his whole career the way Jim Boeheim has.

I digress, thank you very much for the cards.

Updated Totals:

1988 Score: 175
1989 Donruss: 182
1989 Topps: 334

2 comments:

  1. I really like that Donruss. Also, that diss on the ACC was something else. I would say that your calling out Coach K for leaving West Point for the money is only a little fair. He built that Duke program from the ground up, and Boeheim gets paid quite a bit these days (obviously not nearly Coach K money, though). Two great coaches that look like they haven't aged in 20 years.

    Did I mention I'm a UVM fan?
    (FROM THE PARKING LOT!)

    ReplyDelete