Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Chad Wallach 2013 Batavia Muckdogs #21


Card Grade: A-  This is the first card of Chad Wallach, the youngest of the  Wallach kids.  Chad was drafted by the Miami Marlins in the 5th Round last spring (in 2010 he was a 43rd rd pick of the Dodgers),  signed immediately and was shipped out to Batavia of the New York Penn League.  Chad, like his brother Matt and father Tim, played for Cal St. Fullerton in college.  The Titans starting catcher last year, Fullerton looked destined for Omaha before being upset by eventual National Champions UCLA in the Super Regionals.

I don't know where the Marlins plan to assign Chad this spring, but I thought it was very cool a Wallach was playing in the New York Penn League.  My father's side of the family is from Rome, NY, and I graduated from Cooperstown High School, so NY Penn League support runs deep in my family.  I went to a lot of Oneonta Yankee games as a kid.  Hopefully Chad will be moving up the Marlins ladder and not spend too much time doing bus tours of upstate New York with the Muckdogs.  AAA is the high water mark so far for the Wallach kids, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Chad on a major league roster at some point in the next few years.  Just a question of whether or not he beats his brothers there.

No comments:

Post a Comment