Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cards in the Mail (3rd time this month!)


These cards represent the first International contribution to my Wallach collection.  At least sort of.  They came from Canada, and I sort of think of Canada as America, just a cleaner, safer, more educated region of America.  Our better half if you will.  Douglas of "Buckstore Cards" sent them all the way from Kitchener, Ontario.  As the crow flies, I'm not sure that's actually the furthest away that cards have been sent from, but when you start tossing words like "Ontario" and "Canada" around, it just sounds far.  Regardless of the exact distance, it's been added to the map that pulls up when you click the mailbox on the right hand column of this page.

The '86 Donruss All-Star has always been one of my all-time favorite photos used for a Wallach card.  Had that photo been used on his '86 Donruss base card, it would likely be in my Top 5 Wallach cards ever.  It may have taken a ding or two in the mail, but I think actually served to protect the other cards.  I've said it before, and it's worth saying again: I don't care what shape they are in, I will take them.  Ripped, torn, covered in magic marker, doesn't matter, go ahead and send them my way like Douglas of Buckstore cards did.  Thank you Doug, I very much appreciate it.

Sportscards From the Dollar Store

No comments:

Post a Comment