Friday, September 28, 2012

1982 Hygrade #29




















Card Review: 5.6  Hygrade is food products company.  From what I could find it seems to be based in Detroit, but given the complete lack of English on this card, I assume it's primarily in Canada.  Any time I discover a new Wallach that is this old, it's a pretty exciting event.  I don't know anything about this set, I can't even tell if it's numbered, or what it says on the back.  I also have a Dawson that is still sealed in plastic, so I'm pretty sure that these came with cereal or bread or some kind of food.  The B.P. 343 and H8S 4C2 numbering is identical on the Dawson.

At first I didn't think this was actually from '82.  Every other '82 and older Wallach card/item I have shows him with a moustache.  But after comparing this to other '82 cards and '83 cards, it's clearly the same hair cut he has on the '82 cards.  So I'm sticking with the '82 label.

Number of this card in my collection: 1
2013 update: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment