Saturday, August 25, 2012

1991 Post #2

















Card Review:  8.8  This card is one that eluded me for a very long time.  I actually acquired an uncut sheet of this card before the actual card.  Once in hand, it's very a nice card, at least as far as cards from cereal boxes go.  I like all the red, and there's a decent attempt at putting stats on the back.  I've often seen this listed as "Post Canadian," which makes sense due to the French.  I'm guessing the player selection was different in Canada than it was in the United States.  I know my brother and I ate obscene amounts of Post raisin bran chasing these things, and we never pulled a Wallach (I don't recall even thinking he was in the set).  It stands out in my memory because we preferred Kellog's Raisin Bran (well, actually my brother and I preferred Frosted Flakes and Captain Crunch, but that didn't happen on school mornings, or any mornings at all for that matter in my house).  But when Post had baseball cards, we suffered through it.

Number of this card in my collection: 1
2012 update: 3
2014 update: 5
2015 update: 8
2016 update: 11
2017 update: n/a
2018 update: 14
2019 update: n/a
2020 update: 15
2021 update: n/a
2022 update: 16
2023 update: 17


No comments:

Post a Comment