Thursday, January 27, 2022

eBay pickups



For the most part, I only purchase Wallach cards on eBay when they're sold as large lots.  Even then, I tend to avoid them unless it's less than 10 cents a card with shipping.  There's no shortage of $4.95 1990 Topps cards to be found on eBay, but they aren't for me.  

While I cringe at the price gougers trying to turn a profit on junk wax commons, there are a hand full of Wallach inserts that I guess pass for "rare," albeit, they aren't in high demand.  For the most part I avoid those too.  $20 to $100 for a 1993 Finest Refractor is insane to me, the seller has this blog's blessing to keep them in their own collection if they mean that much to them.  Same for the handful of autographed cards that have come out the last few years.  Besides that fact that autographs don't belong on cards unless they're obtained in person by kids, I'm just not that interested in new stuff as a general rule.

That said, these 2005 Topps Rookie Cup inserts are a bit of an exeption for me.  I really like them.  Not enough to buy them all up regardless of the price, but when they pop up for just a buck or two (or even up to three), I'll bite.  Should an elusive "gold" or "silver" variant ever pop up, I may need to reevaluate my budget, but as far as I know they're sitting inside an unopened box in a warehouse somewhere next to Indiana Jones's Ark.  These two "green" additions recently popped up on eBay at what I deemed an appropriate price, and now sit my collection.  I'm up 13 copies, meaning there are only 186 more to track down.  Seems reasonable.

Updated Totals:

1 comment: