Wednesday, June 19, 2013

1991 Red Foley Sticker


           

Card Review: 1.5  This is still way too small and flimsy for my liking, but blown up like it is on the left, it's actually not that bad of a picture.  It would have made for a nice card.  As it is, it's just a tiny sticker.

This was one of the more difficult "cards" for me to track down.  I thought I had it safely secured in my collection for years.  Then I ordered the 1990 Red Foley Sticker.  What showed up in my mailbox was the sticker I had for years been calling a 1991 Red Foley Sticker.  My first thought was, "stupid Red Foley using the same photo 2 years in a row."  Then it occurred to me, that hey, maybe nobody cares enough about these things to really figure out which year is which.  Some online research revealed that both the '90 & '91 Wallach Stickers were #99, but the rest of the set checklist were not identical.  Which led me to believe that it was a mistake by one of the sellers.

I couldn't find any pictures to verify if Red Foley used different photos for the two sets.  I used to be able to have pretty good success with google image search, but now it's dominated with results from this blog.  What I ultimately found was an uncut sheet of '91 Red Foley Stickers on ebay.  It didn't include Wallach in the description but I could make this out in the picture.  So armed with that information, I took chance and ordered one blind from a different card dealer and this is what arrived.

I also went ahead and let COMC.com know that they had the wrong picture up for this sticker.  They actually replied and politely said they would take care of it.   I'm willing to be they hadn't received many complaints prior to mine.


Number of this card in my collection: 1
2014 update: n/a
2015 update: n/a
2016 update: n/a
2017 update: n/a
2018 update: 6
2019 update: n/a

No comments:

Post a Comment